Sunday, June 8, 2008

Girls and a Tree House


My daughter had a friend over and they were playing outside. They inspired me to draw them and since I had a little more time this week, I decided to paint them just for practice. I read somewhere (I forgot where) that it is important to draw children and depict different ethnicities so I wanted to give it a try.  This time I used acrylic paint on illustration board. I realized the paint behaves differently on the board than on the canvas. I ended up working with it very wet so that I could get the effects I was looking for. I still would have wished for the skin tones to be lighter, but overall I'm happy with it. So is my daughter, who's thrilled that I illustrated her and her friend!


Oh, I also had some time to add a graphic to the title of my blog.  I recycled one of my recent illustrations. I think I may change the title graphic often to reflect my most recent work. We'll see.

3 comments:

crystal driedger said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I didn't even realize there was a new feature to blogger to add a blog list like this... it looks great! I'll be checking on your blog every now and again to see your illustrations. I enjoy your use of colour. :)

Candace Trew Camling said...

very cute illustration! great colors too!

Unknown said...

Hey There
I love it - your work is really amazing:) A lot of depth and meaning in your art.