Thursday, July 3, 2008

Meeting with illustrator Janeen Mason

Today I had the pleasure of meeting with illustrator and author Janeen Mason at her studio in Stuart Florida. She is the SCBWI illustrator coordinator for the Florida region and a member of the Arts Council among other things. The meeting was organized by fellow SCBWI member Sylvia Andrews who heads the local group in my area. We toured Janeen's studio, met her pets (me and her Great Dane in pic) and visited the Elliot Museum for a peak at her exhibit. At the end of the visit I purchased her book Ocean Commotion which Janeen kindly autographed with a special mesage to my children. The entire day was abolutely wonderful! Her artwork, her studio, her exhibit and books were very inspiring!

I encourage you to visit her exhibit if you are in Stuart, FL and take your kids, they would be amazed! If you are far from Stuart, check out any of her wonderful books next time you are at the bookstore!

No comments: