Wednesday, July 30, 2008

MOTHER, BABY and ANOTHER LITTLE GUY!



I have been thinking about a spot illustration for my business cards. OH, It's so difficult to create a 'brand' for yourself! To create that perfect image that captures your style...an image that is simple, yet makes a lasting impact and leaves people wanting to see more. 

Well, I don't know that this image really does it all, but people keep asking me for business cards, and I feel so unprofessional without one!  So I am just saying this one will have to do!

When I was painting the spot illustration, I had a strong urge to dabble (or doodle) with some paint and this little guy came out...Don't know where he came from, but he sure looks like he's ready for trouble!

2 comments:

Tom Barrett said...

This is a good painting, but I think one of your "seasons" paintings would better represent you and your art. You have a child and an animal in them, lots of color and detail in the backgrounds, and they are already a rectangular shape. I would put the full art on the back of the card, and pull a spot illo out of it for the front with your contact info.

Edrian said...

Hi Tom,
Thanks for your comment.
I decided for this image for the biz card, because it's a little simpler than the seasons. I think I will use the seasons for post cards with the format you suggested, but that won’t be for a while. The size is right for that and the details won't get lost like on a 2 x 3 biz card.
Besides....it's off to the printer's already...Yikes! (Fingers crossed!!!)

That's the thing about printing...you can't change your mind once is off to press.
The only thing that bugs me about this illustration is that the mother and baby are very passive. There's no action, but at the same time I think it's ok for mother and baby to have a nice relaxing time at the pool. Oh well, like I said before it's difficult to decide. I am a perfectionist and I could find something wrong with every piece, but the sane side of me tells me to just pick one and move on.