I Could not resist! I had to redo this illustration with acrylics, my medium of preference. Every time I looked at the color pencils version, it just seemed unfinished, washed out and not quite right. As much as I liked the colors, I felt the background was fighting with the main characters. I fixed a couple of other things that were bugging me like the feet of the boy on the left. They were too small and made him look off balance. I think now he's more anchored. I also made the frog bigger.
This is a quick post, and maybe the last one for another week. We are gearing up for the beginning of another school year, and getting up early, making it to school on time, homework, and after school activities will make next week CRAZY!