Thursday, November 13, 2008

Some Thanksgiving Cards

I mentioned on a previous post that I was working on hand-made Thanksgiving cards. I finally had a chance to make a post with some of the designs.  No two cards look the same. It was fun!

I tried to incorporate some of my kids' artwork. My daughter drew and painted the turkeys but became tired of drawing the same thing rather quickly, so we ended up with only three.

The pictures came out dark and with a lot of glare from the flash. The embellishments and pop - up stickers that I bought at the craft-store were really cute! I will post the other designs before Thanksgiving
    
Check out Tenengo.com, I just updated my portfolio with all of my latest pieces. I am trying to have everything ready for my portfolio review in January. I will post more about that later.

Thanks for visiting!

7 comments:

Carli said...

the cards look great and so does your updated website. I love the series of little witch illustrations. They are really cute and the spider is a great detail.

Candace Trew Camling said...

These cards are awesome...but I know what you mean about getting tired...it gets boring repeating them over and over.
They look great! I love the 3-d stickers.

Alicia Padrón said...

They are very cute Edrian! BTW I tagged you, hope you don't mind :o)

Unknown said...

Hi Edrian....these cards are wonderful.....I am heading to check out your portfolio!!!

Hugs
Diana

Unknown said...

Hi Edrian!!! your website is awesome!!! I love the way you have it all layed out...and it is really easy to use...not to mention the look is very pleasing....

thanks for sharing!!!

Hugs
Diana

Tom Barrett said...

cute cards.

about the SCBWI Miami conference... I may just go Saturday. (Money's kinda tight.) But that is if I can get a decent portfolio ready. :P

Mercedes De La Jara said...

Maravilloso Edrian !! They are very cute !!