Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My mother....a Gourd Artist!

My mother recently turned to art. She had never drawn or touched a paint brush in her life, until a couple of years ago when she discovered Gourds. She has since fallen in love with the fine art of crafting these wonderful coveted items and is now one of the resident artists at the Art Bank in Fort Pierce. If you are in the area please stop by and check out her wonderful work. You can also find her Gourds on etsy.


This is a postcard I designed for her.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh how cool!!!! these are fantastic!!! I work with gourds too...and it is so much fun!!! great postcard Edrian...your Mom will love these!!!

Hugs
Diana

Bella Sinclair said...

Whoa! Wow, these are fantastic! What a talented gene pool!

Jane Wilson said...

Like I always say "It's never too late to be what you might have been!" Good for your mom! these gourds are so cool! I Can't believe she just started painting!!!

Sarah said...

I love your mom's story - how inspiring! her art is absolutely beautiful. You must be very proud :)

Carli said...

I love gourd art. they are really cool